How many scientists does it take to make electronic skin? No, it's not a riddle! See a breakthrough in nanotechnology, courtesy of a video from the American Chemical Society's Reactions series. You'll hear the project leader, plus several scientists from a variety of disciplines, explain how teamwork is making the dream work in hopes of bringing the sense of touch back to people with prosthetic limbs.
- The perfect video for illustrating how problems are solved when physics, chemistry, and engineering experts work together
- Show the video to enhance an integumentary system unit
- Set aside some time after the video to answer questions and talk about the scandal discussed toward the end
- The project is an excellent example of inter-discipline research advancing technology and is useful for illustrating collaboration in the scientific community
- Technology is high-level, but the resource explains it clearly and appropriately