As part of the JFR Science series, an insightful video explains how to read a graduated cylinder. It offers the three key things to remember each time.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Share this video before having young scientists read a graduated cylinder
- Set up various sizes of graduated cylinders and have pupils write down how much is in each and discuss any variations between measurements
- Assumes prior knowledge of milliliters, but it is not required
- Requires very little class time
- Lets learners immediately apply new knowledge