Seeing structure in the patterns is key to understanding the unit circle, and it takes time to become comfortable with those relationships. The video gives learners access to repeated instruction to allow time to develop those patterns.
5 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- After viewing the video, ask learners to complete measurements on a blank unit circle; expect those having difficulties to rewatch portions of the video
- Derive the coordinates of the unit circle before showing the video
- Requires Internet access to show the YouTube video in the classroom
- The lesson concludes a 29-part series
- Explains patterns in all measurements including degrees, radians, and coordinates
- Uses color to separate different measurements in the unit circle to aid in visualizations