Your graphing calculator can do lots of amazing things, even solve equations graphically. Young mathematicians learn to solve linear equations by using a graphing calculator. The informative YouTube video shows them how to apply the Zero and Intercept functions on the calculator to accomplish the task.
- Have learners each come up with linear expression and then pair up to solve an equation with each expression on every side of the equation
- Assumes students have TI-84 calculators, but others work as well
- Scholars should know what it means to solve an equation
- Shows how to input equations into the calculator and how to use graphing calculator functions
- Not an accurate depiction of how instructors teach solving linear equations in high school classrooms