Learning how scientists named chemicals can be as challenging as learning a foreign language! Chances are, you've used these names at least once or twice in class. From the video, learn how chemical compounds earn their names — no matter their location on the periodic table.
- Stop video at 9:49 and have learners copy table into notebooks
- Review ions before showing the video
- Requires a computer, projection system, and access to the Internet to use the resource
- Pupils should have a fundamental understanding of ions
- Video teaches all rules for naming chemical compounds
- Table at the end of the video is good reference
- The video covers a wealth of information in a little over 10 minutes, which may be too much for some learners