This How to Write a Clerihew activity & project also includes:
Writing funny poems is the best part about learning poetic forms! Young poets learn all about clerihews—humorous four-line poems about people—with an explanatory lesson.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have students write clerihews about story characters, historical figures, or animals in different ecosystems for an interdisciplinary activity
- Host a poetry slam in which classmates snap for each others' poetry readings
- Dissuade learners from writing teasing or cruel poems about their classmates or teachers
- Provides several tips and examples of different types of clerihews
- Rules for clerihews are clear