This How to Write a Funny Epitaph Poem activity & project also includes:
What can happen if you eat too much cafeteria food? Or wear dirty clothes every day? Or talk back to your mother? Use a lesson on humorous poems as a way for students to practice silly rhymes as fictional epitaphs.
24 Views 27 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the lesson around Halloween and display the poems on cardboard headstones
- Write a model poem as a class before assigning individual poems
- Some students may not want to write humorous poems about death; offer the epitaph poem as an option without making it a requirement
- Creative way to get learners engaged with poetry
- Provides helpful tips and guidance