This How to Write Fiction That Comes Alive video also includes:
Launch a fiction writing unit with this video that encourages writers to craft their stories with language that permits readers to experience the illusions of their stories.
3 Views 4 Downloads
- Flip the lesson and have class members watch the video, respond to the quiz, research the links, and take notes in preparation for a full-class discussion of the video
- Have class members craft and submit entries to the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest
- Given the sophistication of the language, preview the video to determine if appropriate for your writers
- The packet includes the video, a short comprehension quiz, links to related articles, and a discussion prompt
- The video would work best with more experienced writers who have mastered crafting plot, point of view, characterization, etc., and are ready to focus on word choice