This How We Conquered the Deadly Smallpox Virus video also includes:
The deadly smallpox virus, which killed between 300-500 million people in the twentieth century alone, is a feature player in modern world history. Discover how this disease spread across the globe by and through various nations throughout history, and how English physician Edward Jenner, father of immunology, finally developed the smallpox vaccination.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Engaging graphics and interesting information
- Could be developed into interdisciplinary assignment
- Opportunity to flip the video: create your own multiple choice and/or open answer questions to check for understanding, add additional resources, or create a discussion question for an online open forum (requires free online registration)
- At minute 0:38, please preview graphics to determine if it is appropriate for your class