Worm feces is gold to gardeners and farmers. Earthworms have a special enzyme that allows them to break down the cellulose found in plant materials. An episode of a longer science playlist explores this process, which creates the nitrogen-rich material good for growing.
- Flip your classroom and assign the video as homework; use class time for discussion and to answer questions
- Create a worm farm and analyze the dirt before and after exposure to the worms
- Requires a basic understanding of chemical reactions
- Includes an option for closed captioning to aid in note taking
- Provides links to additional videos on the same topic