Why Lesson Planet?
Kids love superheroes, and for this assignment they create a comic about Captain Oxygen! Direct your class to make sure that their knowledge of the respiratory system is displayed through the dialogue. Note that though the publisher has designed this for middle schoolers, it may also be useful in an upper-elementary classroom. It is an adventurous conclusion to a lesson on how oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged in the human body! You may want to consider having individuals create their comic strips on separate pieces of paper because the accompanying boxes are a bit small.
- A creative way for middle schoolers to express learning
- Will help learners to organize their thoughts
- Publisher provides plenty of support
- Boxes for the drawings are small
- How the Body Works - Lungs
- Human Body Series - Respiratory System