This Human Suspension Bridge activity & project also includes:
When is it okay to be suspended in school? When you're part of a human suspension bridge! Learners first model tension and compression in pairs. Once complete, they get together as a class to model a suspension bridge.
6 Views 7 Downloads
- Team up with a physical education teacher for the activity
- Some familiarity with forces, specifically tension and compression, is advantageous, but not necessary
- Activity requires two 10-12-ft-long pieces of rope
- Diagrams help with understanding instructions
- Provides discussion questions to use after the activity