How does a fuel cell produce electricity? Rosalind, a chemical engineer, uses a model to show the process of fueling a car with hydrogen and using that hydrogen to power the model car. The STEM video provides an explanation of the chemical reactions that take place, both at the fueling station and in the fuel cells.
- Research other uses of hydrogen fuel cells
- Do an electrolysis demonstration for the class
- Some pupils may need to see the chemical equation to better understand what is happening
- The video uses a graphical approach to show the chemical processes
- The resource is short enough to keep the class's attention
- The closed captioning is not very accurate