This Imaginary Numbers? What Do You Mean Imaginary? lesson plan also includes:
Don't worry, this resource actually exists. Scholars learn about imaginary numbers and work on problems simplifying square roots of negative numbers. As an extension, they research the history of imaginary numbers.
1 Collection 73 Views 128 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use the activity to introduce a unit on complex numbers
- Pupils should be familiar with simplifying radicals
- Note that the lesson assumes that the class has math journals
- Includes a rubric for the activity
- Suggests an intervention activity for struggling learners