Let's get a closer look at DNA and other molecular structures. The first activity in the series of four introduces a variety of imagining techniques that engineers and scientists use to visualize molecular structures. The resource presents the need for imaging techniques and analysis.
- Administer a KWL to the class to find out what they know about DNA
- Find some good 3D images of DNA, proteins, and enzymes to show the class so they can see the three-dimensional structure
- Class members should have a basic understanding of genetics
- The resource contains images to use during the lesson
- The lesson serves as a springboard into the associated activity
- The lesson plan does not provide a clear instructional delivery method