This Immigration Legislation lesson plan also includes:
What is the purpose of immigration legislation? How has this legislation evolved over the years? What are the factors that caused these changes? Class members research immigration legislation to determine whose rights the laws are designed to protect and to see if this legislation promotes equality.
- Have class members conduct interviews to gather information about the impact immigration legislation had on family and friends
- The sixth in a series of 19 related resources designed for high school government classes
- The activity rubric and additional teacher resources may be found as included materials
- The four-page packet includes the plan, as well as the worksheet and answer key
- Little scaffolding is provided for the activity