This Improving My Community Through Social Action lesson plan also includes:
Action is the heart of change. Encourage class members to not only identify critical social justice issues in their school or community but to take action as well. As individuals or as groups, they research a situation, develop a proposal for change, and present their information to a group that has the power to implement their ideas.
- As part of their preparation, have groups identify the meeting schedule and presentation requirements of the group they intend to address
- The 15th in a series of 17 related resources designed to accompany a visit to the Museum of Tolerance
- Although designed to follow a visit to the museum, the presentation project has value even if not associated with such a visit
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource identifies the steps involved in the process of developing a presentation
- Neither a detailed instructional plan nor a rubric for the presentation is included