This In the Heights: Study Guide activity & project also includes:
Before Hamilton, Lin Manuel-Miranda gained fame with In the Heights. A study guide prepares theater goers for a performance of the musical about a group of friends living in the New York City neighborhood of Washington Heights. Resources include an anticipation guide and an overview of the plot, characters, and authors of the play.
- Listen to select songs from the soundtrack of the musical and have listeners guess what the play will be about based on the lyrics
- Stage a performance of a scene in the musical
- Lyrics contain curse words and reference to mature subjects, so content is rated PG-13
- Connects the events of the play to global themes
- Provides questions to spark discussion after viewing the play
- Anticipates learners will see an actual performance of the play