Coat your pickup bed with the same material used to protect the Pentagon! Examine the chemical properties of a seemingly indestructible material in an intriguing installment from the Veritasium video playlist. Viewers see that the long chains of the molecules create an incredibly durable substance used for many things.
- Research molecular structure of additional protective coatings
- Build the molecular structure of the two components of the coating; model the chemical reaction
- Requires a basic understanding of molecular bonding
- Motivates the lesson with a dynamic experiment
- Interviews an expert on the structure of the material