Learners use inductive reasoning every day but might not realize it. An instructive video demonstrates that the process of inductive reasoning means searching for and identifying patterns. The instructor begins with numeric examples and then shows geometric examples.
- Pause the video at optimal points to have classes use inductive reasoning to identify the patterns
- Post the video as a resource for pupils to use throughout the unit
- Showing the video requires Internet access
- Connects the concepts to algebraic examples that are familiar to learners
- Omits application and real-life connections