This Inferences Worksheet 8 worksheet also includes:
Lead your class toward mastery of making inferences with a straightforward worksheet. Pupils read four short passages and make inferences based on the questions asked about each passage. They explain their reasoning for each inference by noting down textual evidence.
- Break the exercise up into smaller pieces by completing the first passage together, inviting pupils to work with partners to complete the next, and sending the final two home for homework
- Model for your class how to identify textual evidence that supports an inference
- This is part of a series of worksheets that focus on making inferences
- Note that the answer key is a webpage, but can be printed if you desire a hard copy
- An answer key is provided; look under the questions to find suggested answers and explanations
- The exercise requires students to make inferences and support their thinking with textual evidence