This Inferences Worksheet 9 worksheet also includes:
Help your pupils take charge of their inferring abilities with an exercise designed for direct practice with making and supporting inferences. Learners read four short passages and answer two to three questions for each passage that require them to make inferences and find textual evidence of inferences made.
- Break the assignment into smaller pieces by picking apart the first passage as a class, inviting pupils to work with partners to look at the next, and assigning the final two for homework
- Model how to use evidence to make inferences by marking the text and describing your thought process
- This is part of a series of inference worksheets
- You'll find the answers underneath the questions on the key, which is a webpage that prints out just fine if you want a hard copy
- Comes with an answer key that provides suggested answers and explanations
- Learners must make inferences and provide support in the form of textual evidence for these inferences