If a country needs more money, they should just print more currency, right? Not exactly. Learn about the economic ramifications of inflation and deflation with an engaging video from Crash Course Economics.
29 Views 23 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have young economists watch the video at home or on individual tablets for a flipped classroom activity
- Conduct a hands-on inflation experience in an economics class with an increasing amount of play money and limited goods for learners to buy
- Part of a larger series on economics
- Video is over 10 minutes long; consider pausing at key moments to reinforce concepts
- Applies real-life examples to common economic questions
- Encourages critical thinking and awareness