This Influence of Media lesson plan also includes:
We are bombarded with media images expressly designed to influence viewers. Learning how to analyze the intended effects of these images is essential and the focus of an activity that asks viewers to use the provided questions to guide their examination of two propaganda posters.
- During election years, have groups analyze the media images used in the various campaigns
- Remove the image of the man from the "Rough on Rats" poster before sharing it with class members, ask individuals to add their own image, and then project the 1890's poster for discussion
- The fourth in a series of 17 resources, designed to be used in order, that prepare classes for a visit to the Museum of Tolerance
- The activities may be used independent of the museum visit
- The activities presumes a protocol has been established for a safe, respectful discussion of sensitive issues
- The four-page packet includes a plan for the activity, the images groups will analyze, and an answer key