This Informally Fitting a Line lesson plan also includes:
Discover how trend lines can be useful in understanding relationships between variables with a lesson that covers how to informally fit a trend line to model a relationship given in a scatter plot. Scholars use the trend line to make predictions to finish the module.
- Have pupils research data on the Internet to draw scatter plots and trend lines
- Drawing of trend lines is informal, so answers may vary
- Learners need knowledge of linear relationships and trend lines from previous lessons
- Eighth lesson in the series of 16
- Gives scaffolding tips throughout the lesson
- Teacher guide indicates where to look for mathematical practices