Scholars look forward to using the pooter, otherwise known as an aspirator, to collect insects. The video demonstrates how to collect bugs in mesh nets, canvas nets, and in pooters to better study them. The second installment of a three-part field trip to a field by the Field Museum, the video links to other videos in the Brain Scoop Insect playlist.
- Get a few nets to share and collect insects as in the video
- Discuss in more depth the different tools people use in insect collecting
- Avoid the comments, as a few directly insult the school children on a field trip
- Requires only a few minutes of class time
- Includes subtitles in Chinese, Czech, English, German, and Spanish for easier note taking