Get your class to take a closer look at DNA. Pupils conduct research to determine the methods used by scientists to analyze the molecular structure of DNA. The class members investigate different types of molecular imaging along with gel electrophoresis. Individuals then create PowerPoint presentations to discuss their findings with the rest of the class.
- Groups pupils that research the same microscopy technology to develop a combined presentation
- Find a virtual lab for the class to do on gel electrophoresis
- The second in a four-part series
- Individuals should have a basic understanding of genetics along with the double helix structure of DNA
- The resource provides links to starting points for the research
- Includes a vocabulary list of terms needed for the activity