This Insulators and Conductors activities & project also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
In a classic activity, emerging electricians test various objects for electrical conductivity in a circuit. Each group constructs a simple circuit by following a diagram. Predictions are made and objects are inserted into the circuit, then sorted as conductors or insulators.
- A two-team activity provides opportunities to communicate with more classmates
- Easily meets Next Generation Science Standards in physical science
- The well-written outline is a great support for teachers new to teaching this foundational activity
- Although the publisher suggests this lesson for second graders, the accompanying reading material may be above their level