This Integer Exponents, Scientific Notation and Volume workbook also includes:
A one-stop resource for exponents, square and cube roots, scientific notation, and volume formulas guides learners through properties of exponents. As they learn to apply these properties to operations with scientific notation, individuals also use square and cube roots to solve equations. Next, they determine volumes of cones, cylinders, and spheres.
- Use the resource to introduce properties of exponents
- Resource expects calculator use
- If time is a factor, the last section (volume) can be postponed to a different unit
- Includes some problems requiring higher-order thinking, such as error analysis
- Teacher resource includes answer key and symbols indicating where to look for mathematical practice standards
- Anchor problem incorrectly uses weight and mass interchangeably