This Interest and the Number “e” handout & reference also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Make a connection between different types of interest and how they are calculated! This algebra II lesson progresses from simple interest to compound interest to continually compounded interest. Formulas are developed rather than given, helping to develop an understanding of interest and of the connections between different types.
- Wrap up with a set of problems that require individuals to choose the correct calculation method.
- Allow individuals to make calculations independently and check with the large group, especially when discovering the value of "e".
- Contains good examples and content for making connections
- Provides warm-up questions to review topics needed in the lesson
- Does not contain practice or assessment questions