How does the number of sides of a polygon affect the angle measures? Learners recognize a pattern in finding the total measure of interior and exterior angles and the number of diagonals. They use the patterns to calculate the number of diagonals and angle measures.
- Extend the discussion of polygons to include regular and irregular shapes
- Highlight the new vocabulary using various examples for each term
- Pupils may be able to develop a formula on their own if given the opportunity
- The fifth installment in a 16-part series of geometry lessons
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Develops formulas by analyzing patterns and determining the relationship that works for all polygons
- Includes problems for independent practice