This Intermediate Value Theorem, Existence of Solutions: Function Exploration interactive also includes:
Does the value exist? The interactive allows pupils to visualize the Intermediate Value Theorem. Using the visualization, individuals respond to questions using specific values and general values. The class comes to the conclusion what must be true to use the Intermediate Value Theorem to show that a real solution exists.
- Ask class members to put the Intermediate Value Theorem in their own words
- Review the difference between continuous and discontinuous functions
- Users must sign up for a free account with CK-12 to access the resource
- Includes hints for many of the challenge questions
- Allows participants to view the correct answer