This Interpreting Residuals from a Line assessment also includes:
What does an animal's gestation period have to do with its longevity? Use residuals to determine the prediction errors based upon a least-square regression line. This second lesson plan on residuals shows how to use residuals to create a prediction range for a data point not given.
- Use a projected calculator to display the scatter plot along with the least-squares line for the class to view
- Determine other animals' gestation time and predict their longevity; research to see if the prediction is accurate within the error band
- Lesson 15 of a 20-lesson module
- Uses actual data but could be adapted to use another set of data
- Problems make connections to previously learned concepts and keeps them in the forefront