This Intervals of Increase and Decrease video also includes:
How can you find the intervals that a function increases or decreases without using a graphing calculator? The first installment of a 13-part video series focuses on the applications of the derivative. Viewers first learn the connection between the derivative of a function and the increasing/decreasing behavior of that function by watching the concept video. The three problem videos then work through several examples.
- Provide a challenge question for learners to investigate the relationship between derivatives and the increasing/decreasing behavior of a function before watching the concept video
- Use the video during an introductory lesson on applying the derivative
- Be sure your pupils can determine derivatives fluently
- Video allows viewers to pause narration so they can work out the problems
- Problem videos start with simpler problems, then increase in difficulty
- Might require membership to view the entire video if showing multiple videos in one sitting