Field research is dirty work! Join a team of research scientists from the Field Museum in the second installment of a two-part series that is part of a larger playlist exploring mammals. The team continues their search for bats in Kenya's caves, where they collect bat calls and examine several species.
- Ask the class to listen carefully to the bat calls and have them compare what they hear inside the cave versus outside in the daylight
- Locate the caves on a map to give viewers perspective
- Take a moment to describe how bats communicate and navigate before beginning
- Close-up shots of the bats help viewers better understand the expedition's goals and research objectives
- The video shows a variety of research technology in use