What was it like to fit into a certain class with no choice in the matter? Learners experience the caste system in a role-play activity, work individually on handouts to enhance their learning, and participate in an evaluation activity by writing essays.
- Show a short video to explain the caste system before beginning with the plan
- Differentiate for English learners by highlighting important terms and phrases on the handouts
- Requires instructors to print and distribute five unique handouts
- Be aware of possible social conflicts that may arise due to the hierarchy in the game
- The role-play activity puts scholars in others' shoes and helps them to understand the experiences of people within the caste system
- Provides a variety of useful handouts