This Intro to Big Data: Crash Course Statistics #38 video also includes:
What makes data big? The 38th installment in the series Crash Course Statistics provides a definition of big data and its origins. It shows various methods and resources on how to collect big data and how companies use big data for a variety of purposes, including deciding what ads to display on a web page along with the visual to promote a movie.
- Use the video to introduce why one would use statistics to describe data
- Lead a brainstorming session on the types of data collected daily about one person
- Individuals should understand the basics of data display and data analysis
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides real examples of how companies use big data
- Includes descriptions of apps that collect data