This Intro to Functions handout & reference also includes:
How are functions related to chicken nuggets? A video teaches the concept of a function using the idea of a nugget-making machine as an analogy for a function machine. Learners determine if a relation is a function from an equation and a graph, determine the domain and range of different types of functions, and evaluate expressions.
- Assign the video as homework and use class time to practice
- View the video in class, and stop it in various places to practice content with pupils
- Requires Internet access to view the video
- The second in a series of nine lessons
- Provides various resources including a video, information in print, a problem set, and an answer key
- Video and problem set do not contain practice with domain and range, which is presented in the print materials