This Introduction to Conic Sections video also includes:
What do circles and parabolas have in common? An informative video focuses on the intersection of a plane with a double cone creates conic sections, including circles, parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas. Two problem videos cover examples of how to find solutions to systems of conic sections.
- Use the video to introduce conic sections
- If possible, have a physical model so that pupils can see the conic sections
- Learners need to be familiar with solving systems by substitution
- Visual representations allow viewers to see how conic sections form
- Video includes mathematically incorrect statements, such as stating that an ellipse is a fancy word for an oval
- Concept video does not teach the concepts covered in the problem videos