This Introduction to Marsh Ecology lesson plan also includes:
Compare and contrast the characteristics of fresh and salt water marshes. After exploring the typical plants and animals found in each marsh type, participants use a set of flash cards to sort into fresh and salt water marsh life. Their exploration continues as they consider the impact of invasive species on the ecology of each marsh.
- At the conclusion of the lesson, have pupils write lingering questions on an exit card
- Make colored copies of the marsh cards and laminate them for repeated use
- Assumes learners are familiar with Phragmites
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides additional resources for background information
- Includes resources for each component of the lesson