Expose young elementary students to the works of one of the greatest musical composers, Ludwig van Beethoven. Using three progressive lesson plans to complete the unit, class members are able to distinguish low and high sounds, count the beats, read and clap to the rhythm, and describe the music by the end of the lesson.
- Introduce the unit with classroom rules about personal space as learners are required to get up and move around as they hear the music
- Extend the lesson by having pupils put on a performance for their parents
- Can be taught in a general ed setting as well as a music class
- Exposing youngsters to classical music develops concentration and focusing skills
- Step-by-step directions are easy to follow for the non-music teacher