This Introduction to Patterns lesson plan also includes:
The world is full of patterns. Help learners quantify those patterns with mathematical representations. The first Algebra lesson in a compilation of four uses a series of activities to build the concept of patterns using multiple representations: verbal descriptions, tables, and scatter plots.
- Incorporate as an introduction to linear patterns
- Use the final activity as a performance task assessment
- Suggests the use of Unifix cubes as manipulatives
- Includes ideas for differentiation
- Provides detailed teacher instructions with questioning strategies