Polynomials don't need to be a mystery. Pupils watch a clarifying video that first explains how to distinguish between monomials, binomials, trinomials, and polynomials. The video then shows how to identify the degree of a term, the degree of a polynomial, the leading term, and the leading coefficient.
- Provide the video to learners struggling with the concept
- Have scholars write polynomials for classmates to describe using the given terminology
- Does not require prior experience with polynomials
- Gives enough examples for the definitions to make sense
- Provides thorough explanations