This Introduction to Solving Linear Systems assessment also includes:
Word problems offer class members an opportunity to learn the concept of solving linear systems using graphs. Individuals choose a problem based upon preferences, break into groups to discuss solution methods and whether there is a better way to solve the problem. Tiered homework is provided in order to challenge everyone in the class.
- Use at the beginning of a unit on linear systems
- Use the exit cards to help identify those that will benefit from additional instruction
- For the comparison task, provide the class with a variety of manipulatives to use in order to solve the problem
- Make sure you have enough copies of the tiered assignments; make enough for each class member to use either one
- A variety of problems is provided to ensure understanding of the concept
- The resource is built as a differentiated lesson