This Introduction to the Holocaust handout & reference also includes:
Young historians gain a well-rounded insight into the tragedy of the Holocaust by exploring pre-war Jewish life, reading and discussing survivor testimonies, and illustrating their understanding by using their own words and those of a Holocaust survivor to create a blended poem.
- This is an excellent opportunity to focus on the differences between primary source (i.e. Holocaust surivor testimonies) and secondary source (i.e. informational text on the end of the Holocaust and Kristallnacht) analysis
- Though the presentation is included as a PDF, you can easily achieve the same effect as a PowerPoint presentation by projecting each page as you would slides
- While the answer key to the Holocaust notes is not included, the worksheet is fairly straightforward and it should not be too difficult to design an original answer key
- Detailed, slide-by-slide instructional notes to accompany PowerPoint presentation
- Well-organized lesson plan