This Introduction to the Ocean Sciences lesson plan also includes:
Engage your class with a mock National Ocean Sciences Bowl. The first installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program provides an introduction to the ocean sciences, as well as to the rules of the National Ocean Science Bowl. Resource includes a set of questions to use in a mock bowl.
- Use the resource to introduce ocean sciences
- Form a team for the National Ocean Sciences Bowl
- Be sure to go over the rules for the mock bowl given in the handout
- Resource provides an overview of how to use the NEMO curriculum in the classroom
- Includes answers to questions for the mock bowl
- Alignments provided for National Science Education Standards, Ocean Literacy Principles, and D.C. Public Schools