Today scientists watch other solar systems forming, helping to inform us how we got our start. The video covers what makes up the solar system, how we went from gas to a disk, how the planets formed, and the motion in the system. The graphics draw viewers into the engaging video.
- Create a timeline of the scientific discoveries about the solar system
- Discuss why the video states the impossibility of defining a planet and how the dictionary and science textbooks handle this
- Relies on prior knowledge of planets, momentum, and the sun
- Offers subtitles in seven languages for ELLs
- Works well in traditional and flipped classes