Variable expressions can take many shapes and forms. Learners review the different components of many different variable expressions in a straightforward video lesson. After introducing vocabulary, the instructor uses context to write variable expressions.
- Have pupils record new vocabulary in a graphic organizer such as a Frayer model
- Ask individuals to write variable expressions as you read them
- Lesson is heavy on vocabulary which may be challenging for English learners
- Emphasizes the mathematical vocabulary needed in the lesson
- Includes detailed explanations