This Intrusive and Extrusive Igneous Rocks interactive also includes:
Check out a resource that's erupting with engaging material! Earth science scholars discover how igneous rocks form in a well-rounded interactive. They manipulate the cooling time of lava to watch crystals form, learn visual identification techniques, and develop an understanding of the differences between intrusive and extrusive igneous rocks.
- Have the class take notes while they follow the embedded presentation
- Pupils can practice identifying intrusive and extrusive igneous rocks through a stations lab featuring samples of basalt, obsidian, and granite
- The interactive is suitable for learners just beginning their study of rock types
- Create a free CK-12 account to access the resource
- The resource contains a variety of content presentations for great differentiation
- Assess learning with three different sets of questions included in the interactive