Apply rational functions to a problem-solving situation through inverse variation. The video tutorial explains the concept of inverse variation and introduces learners to the formula. The instructor explains how to solve problems that have an inverse relationship.
- Use as a follow-up to the lesson on direct variation; compare and contrast the two situations
- Connect to science by applying inverse variation to gas law problems
- Expects a familiarity with formulas and input-output tables
- Uses a contextual situation to reinforce the concept
- Utilizes both an equation and graph to represent the solution to the problem